CIT Holidays Terms & Conditions
GENERAL INFORMATION & BOOKING CONDITIONS
HOW TO BOOK
A non refundable deposit of $110 per person made through your local Travel Agent or Kernot International Travel, trading as CIT Holidays, will secure space on the tours and for travel arrangements required. Final payment is due 30 days prior to departure from Australia unless otherwise specified. All rates shown are per person, in $AUD, unless otherwise specified and are subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations.
Late bookings: for bookings made 14-5 days prior to check-in, full payment must be made within 24 hours of confirmation. For 4 to 0 days prior to checking full payment is required in advance prior to a request being processed. There are some hotels for which the above does not apply, please refer to CIT Holidays Reservations.
Cancelling Your Hotel or Other Services (including transfers, tours, car hire, rail, apartments)
All cancellations or amendments for hotels or other services must be made in Australia, through CIT Holidays. No responsibility can be taken for any cancellations for hotels or others services which are cancelled direct by the client or direct by the client’s travel consultant, regardless of whether written proof is given.
Accommodation or Other Services
• Cancellations made 15 days or more prior to arrival will incur $110 per person in addition to any fees charged to us by our Supplier.
• Cancellations 14-0 days prior to arrival 100% cancellation applies.
• No shows – if you fail to check in at the designated hotel on the day booked with CIT Holidays: 100% ‘no show’ fee will be charged.
• Early departure after check in incurs a 100% penalty of remaining unused days.
Cancellation fees for villas/apartments, cookery and walking tours differ – please refer to the special policies for each, in this section.
SPECIFIC BOOKING CONDITIONS FOR VILLAS & APARTMENTS
Applicable for all villa and apartment properties unless otherwise specified at time of booking.
Arrival/departure times will be advised in documentation.
CANCELLATION/ AMENDMENT FEES
Villas: 100% 29-0 days prior to rental commencement period.
City Apartments: 100% 13-0 days prior to rental commencement period.
All villas and apartments are not cleaned daily and final cleaning charges apply.
A deposit as listed, must be paid in local currency to the keyholder on arrival. This amount will be refunded, less extra charges as indicated.
Additional charges for linen, power or heating against each villa are payable locally in Euro.
As a guide: Security Deposits payable: – from Euro 160 per apartment/villa.
Power Cost charges levied from Euro 60 per apartment, per week.
Bed and bathroom linen charges are levied from Euro 10 per person.
Final cleaning charges are levied from Euro 30 per apartment, per week.
Full details of key collection will be confirmed with vouchers once documentation has been issued.
COOKING & WALKING TOURS
A deposit of $1000 per person is required to secure a reservation for Cooking or Walking Tours, and full balance is payable 8 weeks prior to departure from Australia.
CANCELLATION/AMENDMENT FEES - COOKING TOURS
• 10% from the date of booking up to 57 days prior to commencement.
• 25% 56-43 days prior to commencement.
• 75% 42-21 days prior to commencement.
• 100% 20-0 days prior to commencement.
CANCELLATION/AMENDMENT FEES – WALKING TOURS
• 30% 39-30 days prior to commencement.
• 50% 29-16 days prior to commencement.
• 100% 15-0 days prior to commencement.
NOTE: The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel any departure date due to lack of numbers.
CONDITIONS FOR CAR RENTAL IN EUROPE
Once a vehicle is collected, no refunds will be given for any unused car rental days. Car rental prices do not include fuel, oil, extra charges for additional drivers or young driver surcharges, airport and/or railway station pick up surcharges or one way fees, unless specified. Specific car types cannot be guaranteed, all vehicles are reserved by group only. If a specific group is not available from the depot, upon pick up, then the next available group will be provided, at no additional charge. Additional items such as roof racks or baby seats must be reserved at the time of booking. By law, in certain countries, children up to the age of 4 years must have a baby/child seat. Upon collection, a refundable security deposit by credit card to cover unauthorised rental extension and petrol deposit. You are liable for petrol charges if you do not return your vehicle will a full tank – petrol rates from the car rental company may be higher than those available outside their depot. Maggiore Car Rental hold a paid deposit for all rentals.
DRIVING IN EUROPE
Vehicles rented cannot be taken into Eastern Europe and Croatia. (Additional conditions apply to car rental in Austria). Cars collected on mainland Britain, but delivery is in Northern Ireland – a one way drop off fee will apply. A one way from Britain to Europe is not allowed. A one way from Britain to the Republic of Ireland is not allowed. In Ireland one way drop off fees apply to certain locations. In Europe no one way fees apply when collection and delivery of the vehicle is within the same country. One way rentals are allowed between countries but are subject to additional fees, this is excluding Maggiore Car Rental which is for rentals within Italy only.
May we suggest that you plan your requirements carefully, and avoid changes to your itinerary once lodged with your Travel Agent, or Kernot International Travel/CIT Holidays. Amendments will incur additional charges, namely cancellation and handling fees wherever applicable. For each amendment or cancellation a fee of $30 will be charged. These rates are the minimum charges as there may also be cancellation fees from third party suppliers. See “Cancellation” clause
CLAIMS OR REFUNDS
No claims or refunds will be considered unless submitted in writing and received by Kernot International Travel (CIT Holidays) within 6 months of date of issue of voucher/s. To facilitate the investigation of claims it is advisable to bring the matter to the attention of the tour operator and/or the property before departing Europe. No refund will be made for any unused service (or portion thereof) and for any reason, once the client has departed from Australia, unless otherwise specified i.e. rail tickets.
Completely unused non-validated passes will be refunded less a 15% cancellation fee. Lost, stolen or partially used passes may not be refunded. Passes submitted for refund after first day of validity or after 6 months from date of issue cannot be refunded.
NOT INCLUDED IN COSTS OF TOURS OR SERVICES
Cost of passports, and visas where required, items not specified as being included, airport taxes where applicable, laundry, telephone calls, food not included on regular menus and any other item of a personal nature. Transportation to and from Australia.
ITALY CITY TAX
- applies to accommodation services in Italy and is payable per person direct to the accommodation itself.
All prices quoted for transportation and land arrangements are based on current exchange rates and accordingly are subject to change without notice. CIT Brochure & Website prices should be used as a guide only.
As indicated in each tour itinerary. See notes under ‘Tours/Excursions/Sightseeing’.
To and from Australia are not included in the cost of any holiday package shown unless otherwise specified. Ask CIT for best available airfares which are available in conjunction with minimum CIT land arrangements.
ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKINGS
Bookings are accepted subject to the services or accommodation applied for being available. Kernot International Travel (trading as CIT Holidays) and/or its agents reserve the right, without notice, to modify, cancel or withdraw any or the arrangements and in this event the full amounts paid will be returned to the customer, and upon rendering the same, all liability of Kernot International Travel and/or its agents in respect thereof shall cease. Kernot International Travel and/or its agents reserve the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of any party at any time. Bookings with Carriers are also subject to the Carriers’ terms and conditions as printed or referred to in their tickets and/or timetables and/or regulations.
Transfer services include transportation by standard car, minibus or by taxi from arrival point (airport or railway station) to the hotel or vice versa. Porterage and the service of a representative/ interpreter are also available at an extra cost. In some cities a supplement will apply for transfer provided between 8.00pm and 8.00am and on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
In some cases, particularly in the main Italian cities, due to traffic restrictions and one way systems, it may not be possible for transport to draw up at the front entrance of hotels and some distance may therefore have to be covered on foot. It is also possible, especially in the cases of smaller or family-run hotels, that porters may not be able to carry luggage.
If you so choose, you may make your own way by catching a taxi to and from your hotel, when arriving or departing from each city or ask CIT about booking transfers before your departure from Australia.
These are provided by motorcoach (regular services) and include the services of a tour escort when indicated and/or local tourist guides whenever necessary. Both the tour escort and the local guides will conduct the tours in more than one language.
The tour company reserves the right to make changes to the itineraries in this brochure without notice, if any of the places to be visited should not be open or owing to rules or prescriptions concerning motorcoach transit.
NOTE: Visitors in shorts and uncovered shoulders are not admitted into churches.
DELIVERY OF TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
For Italy and most European cities travel documents are given directly to you in Australia. However, some countries do exchange documents on arrival or check-in
PASSPORTS & VISAS
It is your responsibility to arrange all necessary passports and visas. European countries vary in their requirements. Your travel agent, airline carrier or Kernot International Travel will be happy to advise you on this important point. Passengers on all tours will require a valid passport, an international health certificate and consular visa for some countries. Please make sure that these are in order before travelling.
Luggage, including personal articles, is at all times and in all circumstances at owners’ risk except to the extent of any insurance purchased by the customer.
It is advisable for everyone under-taking these tours and services to insure themselves against medical expenses, personal accident, loss of deposit and cancellation fees, and also their baggage against damage, loss, theft, etc. Your travel agent, airline carrier or Kernot International Travel (CIT Holidays) will gladly advise you on an inexpensive insurance plan that will suit your travel arrangements.
Hotel categories indicated as star ratings on this website or in any CIT brochures are according to the classifications approved by the Local Authorities of each country. Therefore, comparisons of hotel standards within different countries should be avoided.
Hotel Locations and Descriptions
Please note that maps in CIT's brochures are not to scale and are provided only as a guide to locations.
Conditions of Hotel ‘Special Offers’
All special offers indicated are provided by individual hotels, subject to the manager’s discretion.
Where ‘free nights’ are given, for example – Stay 4 nights, pay 3 – only 1 ‘free’ night is applicable per stay – Free nights are not accumulative and must be consecutive nights. (Unless otherwise stated).
Where different ‘special offers’ are stated against an individual hotel, only one of these offers can be applied. For free night offers e.g. Stay 5 nights, pay 4 nights, these offers are not accumulative and arrival and departure must be within the stated season.
Honeymooners/Silver Anniversary Offers
Honeymooners or Silver Anniversary stays – any such information must be given at the time of booking. No special offer benefits will be received, should these details not be included in the original booking details from CIT Holidays/Kernot International Travel.
Hotel Check in/Check out times
Usually, you may check in to your room at between 1pm and 2pm. If you wish to check in earlier, we suggest that you pre-book your accommodation, from the night before the morning of your arrival. Check out time is between 10am and 11am – should you wish to stay longer, please book an additional night.
During Fairs higher rates usually apply. Fair dates are also subject to change and if a booking is subsequently affected because of a change in date, higher rates will apply.
HOTEL ROOM BEDDING CONFIGURATION
Usually the following bedding configuration applies: A single room can be a single bed in a small room or a double or twin bed arrangement, depending upon the hotel. With reference to our price grid, a twin room can be either a twin bedded room or a room with 1 double bed – double beds can only be requested and are subject to availability. A triple room can be either a double or twin room with an additional bed – which is usually a temporary ‘rollaway’ bed. A quad room can be either a twin or double room with two temporary ‘rollaway’ beds or a room with two double beds or in some cases 4 separate beds.
Specific room types and specific bedding arrangements cannot be guaranteed and are subject to the hotel’s availability at the time of check in.
Bedding Configuration in Apartments & Villas
Bedding configurations given for apartments or villas may be subject to change and variation, depending upon the apartment.
Where meals are included, ie: breakfast or on a half board basis, menus are available from the hotel’s set menu and not from the A la Carte menu. No refunds for unused menu services. Breakfast is free and included in the rates as specified and is of no set monetary value and therefore cannot be refunded if not taken. Both Continental and Buffet breakfasts will vary in content between properties.
TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN
Child Sharing Room with Adults
– Most hotels operate a child policy. It is important that all details of children travelling and their ages are given to CIT Holidays at the time of booking. Where hotels featured state that a child to a certain age stays free when sharing with 2 adults – in most cases, the hotel will not provide an additional bed and the child is expected to share the same bed as parents.
– Where a discount price is featured, the child will receive an additional bed – which in most cases will be a rollaway bed. Hotels cannot make any allowances for larger rooms, should you be travelling with children. To ensure an additional bed for your child or children, a triple room rate should be used for 2 adults and 1 child or a quad room (where applicable) for 2 adults and 2 children.
Child Meals –
Where meals are included in the adult prices featured in this brochure, additional charges may be levied for meals for children staying with adults in the same room. This is particularly the case where a child is free in the room. All charges are payable direct to the hotel by you – upon departure.
– Please see car rental conditions when travelling with children, as certain countries require that all children are restrained in child/baby seats – which must be reserved at the time of booking.
BEACH CHARGES & FACILITIES
Where it is indicated that the hotel arrangements include free beach facilities, this signifies that a deckchair is provided for each person, together with a place under the beach umbrella/shade shared by up to 4 persons (during the height of peak season separate parties may be asked to share the same umbrella/ shade). Charges are liable to be made locally for any additional facilities.
In early and late summer season resorts are less busy and consequently less noisy. It is not that Italy is an excessively noisy country, but traffic and other sounds (eg. marble floors without carpets which tend to exaggerate noise) can present problems in most places in the world today. Make sure you read the resort and hotel descriptions carefully to help you identify those which are stated to be in quiet locations and those which may not be (eg. hotels in or close to town centres, or near to main roads or railway lines).
Your travel agent, airline carrier or Kernot International Travel, trading as CIT Holidays
, do not by virtue of its endorsement of its brochures or website represent itself either as contracting with any purchaser of a holiday from Kernot International Travel Pty Ltd or as having any other legal relationship with any purchaser aside from the liability as may be incurred as the carrier.
Kernot International Travel Pty Ltd
and/or its associated Companies or Agents give notice that they act as Booking Agents only for the persons or companies providing or offering the means of travel, conveyance, transport, accommodation or other services and all receipts, tickets, vouchers, coupons or exchange orders are issued subject to the terms and conditions under which transportation and other services are provided.
Kernot International Travel Pty Ltd
shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity that may be caused to person or property however caused or arising, during any tour under its management, sponsorship, procurement or otherwise, notwithstanding that the Company’s principal may be a foreign Company, corporation or person. So far as the Company shall not be acting as such Booking Agent it shall be deemed to be acting as Agent for the person making the booking.
It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure that they are in possession of the proper travel documents and that they are in compliance with the current government and transportation companies’ regulations. The right is reserved to modify the itinerary in any way considered necessary or desirable or to change any reservation, and/or means of conveyance, without notice and for any reason whatsoever and without allowance or refund but the extra cost, if any, resulting therefrom must be paid by the passenger.
The right is also reserved to cancel or withdraw any tour, or any booking made for a passenger, or to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of a tour for any reason whatsoever. No refunds can be made in respect of accommodation and meals not utilised and under no circumstances can refunds be made for tours and sightseeing excursions not undertaken. The transportation companies or firms shall be exempt from all liability in respect of any detention, delay, loss, damage, sickness or injury however and by whomsoever caused and of whatever kind occurring of or to the passenger at any time when the passenger is not on board a carrier or conveyance used or operated by the transportation companies or firms. Passage contracts in use by the transportation companies or firms concerned shall constitute the sole contract between the transportation companies or firms and the purchaser of these tours and/or passengers. All fares are subject to change without notice. The issuance and acceptance of receipts, tickets, vouchers, coupons or exchange orders shall be deemed consent to the above conditions.
Products feature on this website or in the current CIT brochures are generally valid from 01 November 2012 to 31 March 2014, unless superseded or otherwise indicated. All product and services are subject to availability at time of booking and prices are subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations. NOTE: All prices on this website in CIT brochures are a guide only.
Rail Terms & Conditions
is owned and operated by Kernot International Travel (trading as CIT Holidays)
and is based on the services and systems of Rail Europe
1. Transportation covered by an international pass (valid in more than one country) and international cross-border journeys are subject to the “Convention concerning International Carriage by Rail” (COTIF) including the Uniform Rules concerning the “Contract of International Carriage of Passengers by Rail” (CIV), the “General Terms and Conditions of Carriage” (GCC-CIV), the “Passengers Rights Regulation” (PRR) when travelling in countries of the European Union, the Special Conditions of Carriage of the carriers included in transport and the Tariff for International Passenger traffic (TCV). For transportation covered by a pass valid in one country only, the legal provisions of the concerned country apply. If ticket entitles to transportation by a carrier, the existing public regulations and each carrier’s general conditions apply. In respect of transportation by sea, the legal provisions of the concerned sea carrier apply.
2. The office that issues the ticket is merely the intermediary of the carriers and assumes no liability. The Railways and Operators distributed by Rail Europe, Rail Europe or their agents cannot be held responsible for damages due to strike, delayed/cancelled trains, missed connections, theft or loss of baggage/tickets.
3. Tampering with or altering coupons (passes and point to point tickets) renders the ticket invalid and authorises railway staff to confiscate it and subject the traveller to a penalty payable in local currency.
4. Punctuality is an important concern. To ensure the prompt departure of high-speed trains, it is mandatory that travellers be aboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed
5. Passes may not be purchased, issued to or used by residents of Europe, the Commonwealth of Independent States (the former Soviet Union), Turkey, Morocco, Algeria or Tunisia.
PASSES - GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE
1. Passes are strictly personal and non-transferable. Presentation of passport to train personnel upon request is compulsory.
2. In Europe, to activate a pass in the country for which the pass is valid, the pass holder must have the following entered on the pass by a railroad official (not the conductor), at a ticket window and before boarding the first train: the first and last days of validity of the pass, the pass holder’s passport number and the railroad office stamp. Before boarding the first train of the day, the pass holder must enter the date of use in blue or black ink in the corresponding box of the calendar, in chronological order. Passengers are subject to a fine in local currency if they are found travelling with a pass that has not been validated or with a pass on which the date in the corresponding box in the calendar has not been entered.
3. Passes are valid for unlimited travel, within the validity of the pass, in the class for which the pass is issued. A 1st class pass may be used in 2nd class.
4. Passes are valid from midnight to midnight during the period indicated on the pass. 7pm rule: for an overnight trip on a direct overnight train leaving after 7pm and arriving after 4 am the next morning, the next day’s date must be entered and the entire trip must fall within the validity of the pass.
5. A Pass does not guarantee a seat on a train or on a ship unless a reservation is secured in advance. On some trains, such as Eurostar, Thalys, TGV, TGV Lyria, etc, and ships a reservation is mandatory. The pass holder must present his pass together with his reservation in order to be able to board such trains/ships. Seat reservations are highly recommended during peak and holiday periods. Passholder fares are subject to limited availability.
6. Seat reservations, sleeper accommodations, meals, refreshments, and luggage checking etc. are not covered by the pass, must be paid for separately and are subject to availability. See the documentation handed out with the pass (when applicable) for a full list of applicable trains or refer to your travel agent/website.
7. The pass holder is entitled to many transportational bonuses, such as those on ferries,ships and buses (either entirely free or at a discount) but only on selected days on the pass. Ask CIT Rail for details.
8. A pass is neither refundable nor replaceable if lost or stolen. You will be eligible for a refund or exchange if cancellation has been carried out in a timely manner, in accordance with the time limits associated with your pass. To qualify for any refund, the pass must be totally unused prior to validation and in its original pass cover and received by CIT Holidays within 6 months from the date of issue. No refund can be made if the original pass can’t be produced. No refund can be made in the country of travel.
Seat reservation, handling and shipping fees are non refundable. Any allowed refund is subject to a cancellation fee (of approximately 20%) plus any issuance office fees depending on the pass purchased.
9. Passes may only be reissued in Australia prior to departure at a fee of $30 per pass.
POINT TO POINT TICKETS - GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE GLOBAL FARE TICKETS
1. Global fare tickets/ are combined tickets, where both the transportation ticket and the reservation are issued as one document. They are only valid for travel on the date/time indicated. They are mandatory to travel on high speed and night trains.
2. You will be eligible for a refund or exchange if cancellation has been carried out in a timely manner, returning the tickets within 60 days of the date of travel to CIT Holidays. The tickets must be endorsed “NOT USED” by a railway official in order to be eligible for any refund. Seats/berths must be released before departure to be eligible for a refund. No refund can be made if the original ticket cannot be produced. No refund can be made in the country of travel. Handling and shipping fees are non refundable. Lost or stolen tickets are neither refundable nor replaceable.
OPEN TICKETS & RESERVATIONS
1. Open tickets are tickets issued with an open date. They are valid on the specified route only, as mentioned on the ticket. The first and last day of validity are printed on the ticket itself. Journey must be completed at the latest by midnight of the last day of validity.
Most of European Open Tickets are valid for 1 month but there are some exceptions. In France for example when Open Ticket is valid for 1 day, journey must be completed by the end of this day (midnight). Night accommodations, meals, extra service on board, luggage registration, etc. are not included in the price of an Open ticket.
2. Reservation is not included in the open ticket price. Seat reservation which guarantees a physical seat/couchette/sleeper onboard a train is bookable with your travel agent and highly recommended on certain trains such as EC and ICE in Germany. Seat reservations can be mandatory onboard some trains such as scenic trains in Switzerland or trains in Eastern Europe.
3. You will be eligible for a refund or exchange if cancellation has been carried out in a timely manner, in accordance with the time limits associated with your ticket and the tickets are returned to CIT Holidays within 60 days of the date of travel. The tickets must be endorsed “NOT USED” by a railway official in order to be eligible for any refund. Seats/berths must be released before departure to be eligible for a refund. No refund can be made if the original ticket cannot be produced. No refund can be made in the country of travel. Handling and shipping fees are non refundable. Lost or stolen tickets are neither refundable nor replaceable. All refunds are subject to at least a 20% cancellation fee.
VISAS & PASSPORTS
It is your responsibility to ensure that all VISA/PASSPORT requirements are valid for your journey. In some countries VISA’s are required by Australian passport holders (even if travelling non-stop through them). Passports must be valid for atleast 6 months beyond your return date.
TRAVELLING IN EUROPE WITH RAIL EUROPE E-TICKETS
Rail Europe offers several modes of ticketing for some European products including e-ticketing.
Rail Europe e-tickets have specific conditions of usage, depending on the train operator. Please check with your Rail Europe travel agent the specific conditions of use of each ticket. Alternatively, www.refundmyeticket.com can provide additional information and an interesting platform for travellers to cancel their bookings while in Europe.
Additional CIT Rail Fees may apply. These include booking and cancellation fees, seat reservations and delivery fees.
Ask CIT for details.
: Kernot International Travel P/L trading as CIT Holidays,
Lic. No 2TA 5731 ABN: 72 115 478101
Sydney: Level 2, 263 Clarence Street NSW 2000 Australia
P: (02) 9267 1255 F: (02) 9261 4664 Email: email@example.com
Melbourne: 2/169 Queens Parade, Clifton Hill, VIC 3068 Australia
P: (03) 9650 5510 F: (02) 9654 2490 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 1300 361 500 or email email@example.com
CIT Rail Reservations: email firstname.lastname@example.org